Re: Species of Conservation Concern no longer selectable

Hi,

I have just notived that it is no longer possible to use the Species of Conservation Concern list to filter NBN Gateway data search results. I found this the most useful filter that was available on the site, particularly for less well known groups. Of the lists that are available the Scottish and Welsh lists are not necessarily relevant outside their countries, the BAP 1998 has been superceded and the BAP 2007 list has synonymy issues (esp birds - no results for skylark as most records recorded to species level not the subspecies aggregate included in the BAP list)

Would it be possible to reinstate the SoCC list as a filter option, or, if this is considered outdated, the JNCC collation of taxon designations?

Thanks

Gordon

Gordon Barker
Biological Survey Data Manager
National Trust

Gordon

The SoCC list was removed as a filter option on the NBN Gateway as it is planned to be replaced by the newer Conservation Designations for UK Taxa list from JNCC. I hope to add this list as soon as possible. It should be available on the NBN Gateway in January

Best wishes
Graham
NBN Technical Liaison Officer

Graham

Good to know there will be a similar option up again and thanks for letting us know.

Gordon

Gordon Barker
Biological Survey Data Manager
National Trust