Re: Recorder 3 Rescue

Hi

I am trying to restore a copy of Recorder 3 which was fully populated with species records. This has long since been deleted from my PC. I have also got rid of all manuals and copies of original software etc. All I can find is some floppy discs that have backups of Recorder 3. Does anyone have a copy of the procedure for setting up Recordre 3 or restoring it from a backup? I have no real idea what to copy to my hardrive and how to set it all up? Any help would be great. Thanks.

Re: Recorder 3 Rescue

Do you have all the Recorder 3 sub folders mentioned in http://forums.nbn.org.uk/viewtopic.php?pid=3217#p3217 ? If not, I can probably supply the others you will need to run it. Do you have the expertise to use Recorder 3? If so, you should be able to transfer the data to Recorder 2002 or Recorder 6 using the instructions and software provided by JNCC. Many people have done this but the process can be difficult and time consuming if you haven't done it before, especially for larger datasets. Alternatively, Mike Weideli and I are still doing these transfers so please let me know if you would like a quote.

Sally Rankin, JNCC Recorder Approved Expert
E-mail: s.rankin@btinternet.com
Telephone: 01491 578633
Mobile: 07941 207687