Re: Recorder 6 Import

I am trying to import a dataset into Recorder 6 - when it has completed the checking, it reports X invalid items, all of which are grid references not within the selected location - unfortunately is only reports an NBN GUI against each error, no information about which row in the original data failed validation, this was OK with 25 records, but even with only 270 records, I'm finding it very difficult to find the entries causing the problem - is there any way Recorder will display a little more info about problems in the import?

Craig

Craig Slawson
Staffordshire Ecological Record

When you import data it is stored in a temporary database until you click Do Import on the window that appears at the end of the Analysis phase. The keys (NBN GUIs) that are listed on the Invalid Items tab can be used in the temporary database to find the associated data which, in turn, can be used to locate the problem records in the import file. There is more information on the temporary database in the Help – see Contents – Tasks – Exchanging data – Import data – Invalid items.

Sally Rankin, JNCC Recorder Approved Expert
E-mail: s.rankin@btinternet.com
Telephone: 01491 578633
Mobile: 07941 207687

Sally,

Thanks for that, at least it put me on the right track - finding the temporary database took some doing though - eventually found it in Temp/NBN Import called IMP1E.tmp hence Access had problems finding it!

Craig

Craig Slawson
Staffordshire Ecological Record