Re: Associating Locations with map Boundaries

Apart from a thread some time ago http://forums.nbn.org.uk/viewtopic.php?id=138 , there has been very little discussion on this topic.
I find the instructions and explanation in the new Help file very confusing on this topic and I'm unsure as to whether Recorder is actually operating as intended:

On the "Location Boundaries page" page of the Help file we are told

Once a location has been associated with a boundary, then when a user clicks on the boundary on the map, the location name will display at the bottom of the Map browser

which is what we all know if we've used the "Associated locations" button when we select a map object.
Do this and go to the "boundaries" tab of the Location and there's confirmation that that link has been created.

Now try this the other way around.

According to the Help file, this Boundaries tab can be used the other way around,

It is used to add or delete any number of boundaries for a location

and on the "Linking Polygons to Locations" page

You can also associate a location with a polygon starting from the Location window

and there are instructions on how to do this.
So I click the Add button, add values, use the [find] button to select an existing polygon and save; all the information is there on the "boundaries" tab just as if I'd done it the other way around.

But when I go to the map again and select the polgon it still tells me that the Location is not named and that there is no association of the polygon with a Location. Furthermore, there is now nothing on the display to tell me which of the listed items is the associated one and which the non-associated one.