Topic: Recorder v.6.30 - exporting data as .txt file for NBN Atlas

Hello - we recently updated to Recorder ver 6.30.  I need to export data into 'NBN Exchange Format' (usually a .txt file) to send to NBN Atlas for them to upload to NBN Atlas Isle of Man.

I usually use the Report Wizard and 'Report Output' to 'NBN Exchange Format', but this Format option is no longer there.

Any advice?  I've tried a number of things but none give me the export I need.

Thanks, Jude.

Jude Dicken
NBN Atlas Isle of Man

Re: Recorder v.6.30 - exporting data as .txt file for NBN Atlas

Version 6:30 should have installed the Addin NBN Data Excahnge V6.29  Check to see if the addin is insatlled. Click on Menu help/About Recorder 6. Click on the 'MORE'  tab and this should list the  installed add-ins. This version is not currently availble on the R6 web site, but if you need it I can find a copy for you to install.

Mike Weideli

Hi

The Addin is vailable at www.Recorder6.info/NBNExchangeAddinNu.zip

Mike Weideli

Hello Mike - thanks for replying on this so soon, that's grand.

I checked Menu help/About Recorder 6, MORE tab and the 'Add-in modules' listed does not include the Addin NBN Data Exchange V6.29.  ('Fast reporting', 'Manage Designation Sets' and 'Recorder 6 Standard Validation' are the only Add-in modules listed.)

I therefore downloaded the NBNExchangeAddinNu - thanks for the above link. 

How do I install this Addin to Recorder 6.30?  Is this something I can action?

Thanks again, so helpful, Jude.

...I can see the Tools > Install >Add-in Module - but I can't see how to install from there; it might be a block from our hosting setup.

Anyway, it's good to know this Add-in is what's required, so, part way there,

Jude.

Hi

Instructions for installing addins are at http://www.recorder6.info/page25.html

Most users can install the addins through R6, but installation does require updating the registry which can be restricted on some system and require IT departemebt access.

Mike Weideli

Hey Mike - thanks, this is so helpful again.  Our IT host provider has restricted my access but I'm able today to send them the zip Addin and link to instructions for install.

Thanks again, Jude.

Hey Mike - we've just this afternoon installed the Addin NBN Data Exchange V6.29 for use with our Recorder ver 6.30.

However, when I go to Report Output using the Report Wizard, I don't get the option to export as NBN Exchange Format.  Is there a different method I need to use when doing the data export?

Thanks as ever for advice - I've looked to see if there's a guide on the forum for running a data export in NBN Exchange Format but I can't find one, so, I'm working from my pre-ver.6.30 notes.

Cheers, Jude.

Thanks Mike, the manual install worked today and I now have the option to export data as NBN Exchange Format.  Perfect.  Many thanks for all your help with this, Jude.