1 (edited by berwynbis 30-11-2022 09:54:36)

Topic: SQL Server upgrade

I recently upgraded the SQLServer version our Recorder 6 server installation uses from 2012 to 2017.
This process worked fine on two test machines, but seems to have broken something on the live install (of course).

When trying to add a Taxon Occurence to a sample Recorder 6 crashes when clicking the 'Accept Changes' button. The error log is below:

date/time         : 2022-11-30, 09:51:21, 663ms
computer name     : FOX
wts client name   : DESKTOP-0B5FUJ6
user name         : Berwyn
registered owner  : Windows User
operating system  : Windows Server 8 x64 build 9200
system language   : English
system up time    : 8 days 16 hours
program up time   : 55 seconds
processors        : 4x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2687W v4 @ 3.00GHz
physical memory   : 2289/4096 MB (free/total)
free disk space   : (C:) 80.93 GB
display mode      : 1536x960, 32 bit
process id        : $c7c
allocated memory  : 70.42 MB
command line      : RecorderApp.exe /197374
executable        : RecorderApp.exe
exec. date/time   : 2020-10-30 19:06
version           : 6.31.0.291
compiled with     : Delphi 7
madExcept version : 3.0o
callstack crc     : $8d745569, $e70eab36, $e70eab36
exception number  : 2
exception class   : EOleException
exception message : Invalid object name '#LastSearchedRucksack'.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might have gone wrong?

Re: SQL Server upgrade

Perhaps an obvious suggestion but, as the error refers to 'LastSearchedRucksack', have you tried creating or opening a rucksack or searching one (although I can't think what functionality there is in R6 to search rucksacks) just to see if it initialises a null variable/object.

Andy

Andy Foy
Systems Manager
Greenspace Information for Greater London (GiGL) CIC
www.gigl.org.uk

3 (edited by berwynbis 30-11-2022 10:26:53)

I've just seen the same error reported in "Recorder 6 V6.25 Release Candidate - Upgrade" and that fix seems to have worked for us as well. Phew!

For some reason that thread didn't appear in a search previously. If anyone else knows any other potential problems and workarounds I would appreciate any words of advice.

AndyFoy wrote:

Perhaps an obvious suggestion but, as the error refers to 'LastSearchedRucksack', have you tried creating or opening a rucksack or searching one (although I can't think what functionality there is in R6 to search rucksacks) just to see if it initialises a null variable/object.

Andy

Thanks for the quick reply Andy. I was just typing out a repsonse at the same time, I think. It looks like I've managed to resolve the issue with a fix from a thead about an older version.

I'm still very new to Recorder 6, and haven't seen even a fraction of its functionality, so some of the errors are rather cryptic for the time being.