Topic: Change Record Type using TOCC key

Hello there,
I have many hundreds/thousands of Record Types that need to change and I am hoping there is a batch update available for this using the TOK?
I believe these were associated species from Recorder 3 that were added years ago, they contain the same Record Type as the original collected item i.e. Microscopically examined or Genitalia examined etc. which is not appropriate for say a Beech tree or Hogweed!.
I have a list of the affected records and I am working through them one at a time so I thought that someone on here may be able to help me with a batch update?. I have had a look in Recorder and cant find anything.

On a different but connected point, is there a report that lists all records that have a reference to a Related Occurrence?

Any help appreciated.

Kind regards,
Mhairi (Fife Nature Records Centre)

Re: Change Record Type using TOCC key

Hi Mhairi

I'm not aware of a system-supplied batch update that will do what you need, but I don't think it would be too difficult to write one using an input CSV of the occurrence keys and updating all records to a user-chosen new record type (if that's what you are looking for). I'm off on leave soon for 2 weeks but, unless anyone else has been able to help in the meantine, I'm happy to write one when I'm back.

Regards
Andy

Andy Foy
Systems Manager
Greenspace Information for Greater London (GiGL) CIC
www.gigl.org.uk

That would be much appreciated Andy.
Thanks very much, hope you have a great holiday.
Mhairi

Hi Mhairi

I've written a batch update that will change the record type for all taxon occurrences in a CSV file (containing a single column 'TOK' containing the occurrence keys). It will prompt you for the CSV file location and the new record type to apply based on the list of system supplied record types in the database. If you want to use locally added record types you'll need to edit the batch update to add them in.

As with all batch updates I'd recommend choosing to back up the database when running the update, and I'd test it on a small number of occurrences first to make sure it does what you expect. Let me know if you have any problems.

Andy

Post's attachments

GiGLUpd6RecordType.xml 8.25 kb, 3 downloads since 2022-10-31 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
Andy Foy
Systems Manager
Greenspace Information for Greater London (GiGL) CIC
www.gigl.org.uk

Thanks Andy,
I shall try this out today.
Cheers,
Mhairi