Topic: Report to show multiple determinations

We have come across a problem in our database and want to try to quantify it. A report showing the multiple determinations of each record within a survey would be really useful as a starting point. Is there a report like that available, this problem only exists when there are multiple determinations. Any help appreciated.

Re: Report to show multiple determinations

Hi

I'm not aware of an existing report but I don't think it would be too tricky to create one. Do you just want to know which occurrences have multiple determinations (and how many determinations) or do you want to see the individual determinations?

If the latter would the following columns be appropriate:

SurveyName
EventDate
SampleDate
LocationName
CommonName
Determiner
DeterminerRole
DeterminerType

Andy

PS Could you add your name to your posts (FNCRinfoassist doesn't give any clues). It's always nice to know who we are taking to :).

Andy Foy
Systems Manager
Greenspace Information for Greater London (GiGL) CIC
www.gigl.org.uk

3 (edited by FNRCinfoassist 19-07-2022 09:21:32)

Hello Andy and thank you for responding. It is the latter I am after. So far I have identified a few determinations that don't make any sense at all eg. Ground ivy being changed to Weasel? I suspect that this error is related to species that were originally recorded on another version of Recorder or was an associated species on another version of recorder and has somehow managed to become the preferred determination on an unrelated record. A report that lists species records with multiple determinations that would allow me to see the original determination and recorder and the later determination and determiner would give me something to start with. I am having difficulty trying to figure out how this happened, so need to determine the size of the problem in the first instance. It is older, historical records that this has happened to but the preferred determination is by more recent recorders so the dates don't make sense.
I am sorry I am a bit rambling, my first day back this week and I am trying to get my head round this.
Many thanks for your help
Mhairi

Hi Mhairi
I think I can create a report that will show what you need. Just give me a few days to find some time to write and test it.
Andy

Andy Foy
Systems Manager
www.gigl.org.uk

That would be brilliant Andy, thank you very much. I shall park this just now till I hear from you.
Thanks again,
Mhairi

Hi Mhairi
Attached is a report that will hopefully do what you need, if not let me know and I can adapt it. It doesn't appear in the Reports menu, only by right-clicking on a report and selecting Quick Report -> GiGL -> GiGL_MultipleTaxonDesignations.
Andy

Post's attachments

GiGL_MultipleTaxonDesignations.xml 4.23 kb, 2 downloads since 2022-07-21 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
Andy Foy
Systems Manager
www.gigl.org.uk

Thank you so much Andy, that has been really useful. Very much appreciate your time and effort with this. Thanks again.
Mhairi