Topic: Recorder name, Determiner name not exportable?

Both the Recorder name (Recorded by) and Determiner name (Identified by) are shown in the record detail and can be searched on as 'Occurrence > Collector' and 'Identification > Identified by' respectively. But how can I include them in Downloads? Even 'Full Darwin Core format' downloads do not include these fields.
There is nothing in the documentation concerning GDPR at docs.nbnatlas.org/share-data-with-the-nbn-atlas/biological-recording-and-data-protection/ to say these fields won't be exported. Have I missed something?

Full downloads are critical to our policy of using NBN Atlas for retrieval, mapping and selective downloads from our full dataset, while using iRecord for verification and maintenance.

David

David Hepper
Records Officer, British Dragonfly Society

Re: Recorder name, Determiner name not exportable?

Hi David,
I haven't tried the Full Darwin Core format, but Recorder and Determiner are both in the Simple format download. I've done a couple of tests, including a set from the BDS dataset, and there are recorder and determiner names. All the records had a recorder and many had a determiner.

Would you let me know the set of records you were downloading and I will have a look.

Thanks, Sophie

The single-row download of <i>Stylurus</i> that caused trouble yesterday contains the expected columns (Z and AA) within a full range A to BD but I have now recreated the download that precipitated this issue. (Since the notification email from NBN to says it's ready for collection contains the original query, I can rerun it) > https://records.nbnatlas.org/occurrence … present%22
I chose DwC format in the download spec. I'm unable to attach the output file here.
Neither the Header file nor the output file contain the expected columns Recorder or Determiner. The column range is much larger: A to DD. Can you explain? I'm baffled.

David Hepper

Further to the above, two more useful columns that are in the Simple download are missing from the DwC download:
- Locality
- Common name (though this can be derived from scientificName processed)

David Hepper

It would be hard to overstate the importance to BDS of being able to download records without having important columns missing. Please take a further look at this. I can send you the incomplete example download if that would be helpful.

David Hepper

Hi David,

Locality has been added to the DwC download but label is verbatimLocality. The label will be corrected tomorrow and common name added.

Sophie