Topic: Exporting TVK

Is there a way to include the TVK in a report as part of a record?  I can't see it as an option in the report wizard.  I'm aware of the online TVK matching tool at https://uksi-sandbox.nhm.ac.uk/taxonmatch.php but seems an additional unnecessary step when the info is in Recorder already but I just can't seem to get it out...

Thanks,
Linds

Lindsay Bamforth
Fife Nature Records Centre,
Information Officer

Re: Exporting TVK

Lindsay,

We had the same problem and you managed to get the information on how to implement TVK in Report Wizard from Mark Pollitt. Can you connect to the linked Access database. If you can then I can send you details of how to do it.

Charlie

Scottish Wildlife Trust

Hi Charlie!

Thanks for your message.  Hope all's well with you :)

That's annoying.  Unfortunately because of the setup we have being based within Council systems, we can only see the front end ourselves.  It would be great if you could send details over of how to do it in case we are able to get assistance from people who could potentially connect though?

Thanks,
Linds

Lindsay Bamforth
Information Officer

Hi Lindsay

Yes, there is a way to do it in the R6 report wizard (I've just tried it and it works). You'll need to add an entry into two of the tables in the SQL Server database (using either SQL Server Management Studio or the linked MS Access database). The first is the REPORT_ATTRIBUTE table which defines where the field value will come from (the INDEX_TAXON_NAME table in this case) and the second is the REPORT_FIELD table which I assume defines which fields appear in the report wizard (and links to the new REPORT_ATTRIBUTE entry).

I've attached a spreadsheet containing examples of the values to add - there are two entries in each tab, one for the TVK of the recorded taxon and the other is the TVK of the recommended taxon. It should work if you just copy and paste the records into the tables but you could edit the key fields in columns A and A + B respectively) if you want to reference your own custodian key.

I hope this all makes sense - if not let me know.

Regards
Andy

Post's attachments

Report Wizard table entries for TVK.xlsx 9.38 kb, 5 downloads since 2022-03-30 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
Andy Foy
Systems Manager
Greenspace Information for Greater London (GiGL) CIC
www.gigl.org.uk

Thanks Andy.  Unfortunately because of the set up we have within the Council, we can only see the front end of Recorder ourselves, but the information from yourself and Charlie sent through will be useful if we manage to get assistance from elsewhere in the Council.  Seems like TVK would be a useful thing to be included in the Report Wizard as standard but there must be reasons why it isn't.

Many thanks,
Linds

Lindsay Bamforth
Information Officer

Hi Linds

That's a shame. I agree it would seem reasonable to include TVK in the Report Wizard as standard. I'll add it to the future enhancements topic.

Andy

Andy Foy
Systems Manager
Greenspace Information for Greater London (GiGL) CIC
www.gigl.org.uk