Topic: Dictionary update 50 stats

Hi Mike

I've applied dictionary update 50  and all appears to have gone well. However, the numbers I get from running XML report Dic2 are slightly different from those you list on your website. For the Taxon numbers I get 317,719 instead of 317,721 (so 2 taxa less). All of the other numbers match exactly. Is this anything to worry about or are there any other checks I can run to find the missing taxa?

Many thanks
Andy

Andy Foy
Systems Manager
Greenspace Information for Greater London (GiGL) CIC
www.gigl.org.uk

Re: Dictionary update 50 stats

Interestingly I've just run 51 and have two less from this (= 318280). I assume I checked at 50 but it was a while ago.

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership

Interesting, thanks Charlie. Hopefully it doesn't matter too much either way (?) but hopefully Mike will be able to confirm that.

Andy Foy
Systems Manager
www.gigl.org.uk

Hi

Not too happy when this happens. It will not give any immediate problems, but it would be nice to get to the bottom of it. I will give some thought on how best to do this. Have you gor an Access Database linked to Recorder  ?. If so I can send you the dictionary files so that the misisng taxa can be identified. Taxon abd Taxon Version are counted together so the issue might be in  Taxon_Version.

In the meantime I would'nt  be too concerned.

Mike Weideli

Sounds very much like a problem I had upgrading to 4V about twelve months ago - see https://forums.nbn.org.uk/viewtopic.php?id=7658

Bob Marsh
Doncaster LRC
Coleoptera recorder for YNU

6 (edited by AndyFoy 19-11-2021 08:52:53)

Hi Mike

Sorry for the delay in replying. Yes, we have an Access database connected to R6.

Would you be able to send the dictionary files so I can run a comparison between them and R6 to find the missing records?

Many thanks
Andy

Andy Foy
Systems Manager
www.gigl.org.uk

I may have just stumbled on the cause of this - there are three TVKs in the Taxon_Version table which I would expect to be marked as system_supplied_data but aren't:

- NHMSYS0000065950
- NHMSYS0000066129
- JNCC000800189696

(the later may be unrelated)

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership

Just thought I would share my recent experience of doing the dictionary updates in case it helps anyone.

I had avoided doing any updates for quite a while (going back to 2020) due to another problem (see my other post) but was reassured by IT it should be fine to do them now. I was concerned about all the posts on here with different people saying they had different figures than those on the R6 website (strangely on different updates) so did them all one by one carefully. I did them at the default block size 50, the only thing I might have done differently than some people was rebuild all the four indexes one by one myself after each update, rather than click 'yes' on the 'do you want to rebuild the indexes now?' box. This may have made no difference to anything though of course.

At each stage I checked the numbers and backed up and the numbers matched every time (even to update 51).

Phil

charliebarnes wrote:

I may have just stumbled on the cause of this - there are three TVKs in the Taxon_Version table which I would expect to be marked as system_supplied_data but aren't:

- NHMSYS0000065950
- NHMSYS0000066129
- JNCC000800189696

(the later may be unrelated)

Thanks Charlie. Great detective work. That's reassuring to know.

Andy Foy
Systems Manager
www.gigl.org.uk