Topic: Is it possible to change the name of a recorder with list of TOK keys

I am looking into changing approx. 4000 species records from [Recorder Name] to "Anon@Fife Regional Park". This is an historic error that occurred during a digitising contract and I am hoping I don't need to change them one at a time? I have looked at the batch updates but there doesn't seem to be anything that would help me with this. I can produce a list of TOK keys for those records needing changed, any tips/info would be good.
Kind regards,
Mhairi
Fife Nature Records Centre

Re: Is it possible to change the name of a recorder with list of TOK keys

Hi
Is is all records for the original  recorder which need to be changed or just some of them.  Is it just the  recorder which needs changing  or the determiner as well ?   The recorder needs to be changed  in the Survey_event _recorder table. If it is for all entries for the Recorder then this is a fairly simple query to put in a simple batch update. If a selection of Records it is a bit more complicated needing  a csv file listing the  records to be changed. This could get very complicated  if there are some records in an Event which need to be changed and some which do not - hopefully this doesn't occur.

Let me know what exactly needs to be done and I will see if I can help.

Mike Weideli

Thank you Mike, I am afraid the recorder has other records in other surveys that do not need changed. I shall have to think on this for a bit. I swithered with deleting the surveys and reimporting the data but there are problems with that too (some records have been verified). Yes more thought needed, thank you very much for the quick response. Kind regards, Mhairi

Hi

You will need a cab file with the TOCC kryd.  Also  I would need to know the NAME key of the original and new Recorder. It should be fairly easy to do a batch update to make the change. I assume the Determined remains unchanged.

Mike Weideli