Topic: Updating Dictionary from 4Q to 4V

Hi all - I've just upgraded our R6 (version 6.30.0.291) from Dict 4Q to Dict 4V, having done the upgrades and index rebuilds one at a time. It took just over 2 hours to run all 5. I've run the report Dic2 Statistics (2020) and I have the following figures at 4V:

Taxon List 243 (OK)
Taxon 317092 (should read 317094)
Taxon Version 323169 (OK)
Taxon List Item 734801 (OK)
Organism 121204 (OK)

The figure for Taxon is 2 less than it should be. Is this important and if so what should I do about it? It's fairly important I get a reply to this as I'm working with our IT people, and I don't particularly want to ask for a database restore.

Bob
Doncaster LRC

Bob Marsh
Doncaster LRC
Coleoptera recorder for YNU

Re: Updating Dictionary from 4Q to 4V

Hi

We need to try and find out why, but it doesn't need a restore. Are you in a position to run upgrade 0000004W which has just gone onto the web site ?  It will be easier to for me to write a report to find out what has happened if 0000004W is in place. I take it the figures were right at 0000004Q. If I write an xml report are you in a posation to install and run this ?

Mike Weideli

I should be able to run 4W and I also should be able to run an xml report within Reports. I'll have a go shortly.

Bob Marsh
Doncaster LRC

I've just run 4Wsuccessfuly and rebuilt indexes again. Figures for Dic 2 statistics report on 4W are

Taxon List 243 (OK)
Taxon 317092 (should be 317094)
Taxon Version 323169 (OK)
Taxon List Item 734799 (OK)
Organism 121204 (OK)

i.e still 2 out on the Taxon statistic

What next?

Bob Marsh
Doncaster LRC

I seem to recall that the figures were OK at 4Q but I didn't write anything down

Bob Marsh
Doncaster LRC

Hi

Please find attached a report which I hope will narrow down what is missing. Please could you run it and let me have the results. It will only take a minute to run. When installed it will be in System Supplied Reports/Dictionary Stats - Report 3 .

Post's attachments

R6TEAM_Dic3_Statistics.xml 579 b, 4 downloads since 2020-11-26 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
Mike Weideli

Hi Mike
I've run the report - see attached spreadsheet listing the results
Bob

Post's attachments

Dic3 output 201127.xlsx 9.87 kb, 6 downloads since 2020-11-27 

Bob Marsh
Doncaster LRC

Hi

The difference is unfortunately in the largest block. Please can you try the attached report for Taxon_Version keys. If this turns out to be Ok then we can investigate the Taxon  table further. Otherwise you may need a dictionary fix.

Post's attachments

R6TEAM_Dic4_Statistics.xml 628 b, 2 downloads since 2020-11-27 

Mike Weideli

Hi Mike

Dic4 report run. Results in spreadsheet attached
Bob

Post's attachments

Dic4 output 201127.xlsx 11.2 kb, 4 downloads since 2020-11-27 

Bob Marsh
Doncaster LRC

Hi

There only a couple of differences in the numbers which I don't think are significant, but they could potentially be hiding bigger problems, which may surface later.

You could just continue , but just accept the difference. It might give rise to a update failure at some time in the future, but I think this unlikley.

Or if you like, we can treat it as being out of step and do you a special update to bring it back into line.  There will be no charge for doing this. I would  need a copy of your database or a backup (after update 4W). There would be no need for you to stop using Recorder. You would get a special update to bring your dictionary in line with the Master.

see http://www.recorder6.info/page56.html

Mike Weideli

Thanks for your work on this Mike. I think I will probably take the option of sending you a backup of the database, presumably by Dropbox or similar. Let me talk to our IT man tomorrow when he's at work to work out how we will do this. I really would like our R6 copy to be as accurate as possible and avoid any future problems that may arise.

Bob Marsh
Doncaster LRC

Hi Mike - I've spoken to our IT rep who is Steven Edmond. He should be in touch directly with you to discuss transfer of copy of database.

Bob

Bob Marsh
Doncaster LRC