Topic: Species searching slow

I've been having problems with NBN Atlas Scotland for the last 3 days. Exceptionally slow species search speed and response for request to view record details etc.
I'm also getting the intermittent "Counting Records" message and a blank map.
It could be my slow broadband speed, but I'm only experiencing problems with the NBN site.
Can you check please

Thank you

Christine

Re: Species searching slow

Hi Christine,
There have been problems with both the species and records search on the NBN Atlas in the last couple of days. The developers have been investigating and it seems better today.

I am sorry for any inconvenience.

Best wishes, Sophie

Thank you Sophie.
It is a little better thsi morning, but I'm still getting the "time out" error message e.g.

Failed to get json from web service (https://records-ws.nbnatlas.org/occurre … ;flimit=10). class java.net.SocketTimeoutException Read timed out, java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out; nested exception is java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out.

Best wishes

Christine

Hi Sophie,
Slow species searching has returned. A whole variety of error messages, and even when I evetually get to a map, the whole thing collapses before I can interrogate a record!
Please can you can ask the team to investigate and try to resolve the problem. It is getting very frustrating.

Thank you

Christine