Topic: Export to Darwin Core format from Recorder 6

I was chatting with Jo Judge and some LERC folks the other day and the topic of Recorder 6 exporting to Darwin Core format came up.

I think this is something Mike Weideli has looked at previously, but I couldn't remember where that got to. Would this be a suitable feature request to feature on the Trello board? It's possibly an idea that we could promote for 'sponsorship', as there are various organisations with a particular interest in facilitating data exchange from Recorder 6 to the NBN Atlas.

(Apologies if this has been addressed previously, and I missed it.)

Clare Blencowe
Sussex Biodiversity Record Centre | Manager
Recorder 6 Steering Group | Chair

Re: Export to Darwin Core format from Recorder 6

Hi

It has been done and system tested. It needed some live testing (see
https://forums.nbn.org.uk/viewtopic.php?id=7353) - Feb 2019, but no one came forward at the time to help.  Recently there have been offers to help with testing, but I am not sure if the NBN are currently in a position to handle the test.

Post's attachments

LCAtlasNBNExport.ocx 1.26 mb, 14 downloads since 2020-09-10 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
Mike Weideli

Thanks for the quick response, Mike. I will ask around and see if we can rustle someone up to help with testing.

Clare Blencowe
Sussex Biodiversity Record Centre | Manager
Recorder 6 Steering Group | Chair

Happy to help with testing. SBIS has about 2.5 million records to export so we should be able to give it a good challenge.

Hi

As a first step you should be able to download and install the addin (link above). Then give it a try to see if it will actually generate a file from your data.  If it does then we can arrange for it to be submitted to the NBN.

Mike Weideli

Hi, has this testing been successful. Does the addin require any particular version of R6?

Gordon

Gordon Barker
Biological Survey Data Manager
National Trust