Topic: Unable to delete survey in R6 - error in SQL code

Hi,

We recently tried to delete a survey that had become obsolete as we moved the records in a different one.

However, when we tried to remove the survey we got the error message "There is an error in the SQL code. The error message is!The DELETE statement conflicted with the REFERENCE constraint"FK_TAXON_PRIVATE_DATA_OCCURRENCE". The conflict occured in database"NBNDATA", table "dbo.Taxon_Private_Data", column'Taxon_Occurrence_Key"

This happened on both a workstation machine with R6 and the main server with R6.

Not sure where to go from here?

All the best,

Claudia

Re: Unable to delete survey in R6 - error in SQL code

Hi

I will look into this. Don't think it is a major problem so should be able to get a solution shortly..

Mike Weideli

Hi

It may be that for some reason the Batch Update which deletes Surveys has not been updated  in your 6.29 update. I will investigate this possibility. However, to solve the immediate problem I attach the revised version of the update.

See https://forums.nbn.org.uk/viewtopic.php?id=6266 for installetion instructions. Replace the version of teh file already in teh Btach Update folder.

Post's attachments

JNCCDel5Records.xml 32.29 kb, 3 downloads since 2020-06-26 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
Mike Weideli

Hi Mike,

Thank you so much. I think that here at TWIC we were all unaware that we needed a batch update to delete the survey! In fact, we were trying to delete it from the survey window.

It works fine now.