Topic: "Coordinate precision and uncertainty transposed" w/o precision field

This may be my lack of understanding (the double negative of the ALA tests can be a bit confusing...), but e.g. this record -https://records.nbnatlas.org/occurrence … 6bf340dbd6 - comes up with a "failed" for the data quality test

Coordinate precision and uncertainty transposed

however there doesn't seem to be a precision field in the data. And this test seems to confirm that:

Coordinate precision not valid      Unchecked (lack of data)

The name of the test suggests both ways are checked but the help ("Uncertainty value in precision field") and description on github ("The value in precision is a mismatch with the precision spec but matches the uncertainty spec") suggests only the precision field is being checked?

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership

Re: "Coordinate precision and uncertainty transposed" w/o precision field

Hi Charlie,
Thanks for letting me know.

When the data was transferred from the Gateway the precision term was used for the resolution of the record. During processing the coordinate uncertainty is derived from the precision for these records, which is what the data quality test is saying.

A precision was supplied; it's listed in the Compare processed vs supplied dialogue, but I've no idea why it's not given on the page. Clearly at some point the Atlas thought that no precision was supplied. I'll ask Steve to investigate.

Steve and I have spent some time reviewing the data quality tests. We're going to turn off some of the tests that are not necessary and improve the documentation. I will write a post listing the tests that we're going to turn off.

thanks, Sophie

Re: "Coordinate precision and uncertainty transposed" w/o precision field

Thanks Sophie - disabling some of the tests sounds like a good idea (they're very useful, except when they're not!)

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership