Topic: error adding species records

Not sure if this should be in the Species Dictionary section, but I'm guessing it is a Recorder problem not the Dictionary per se!

On the single species entry form, I can't add a record for either Red Deer of Cervus elaphus - I get the standard "The Taxon select is from a species list that is inappropriate for data entry purposes", I was using the primary " MAMMAL..." checklist! - I'm on dictionary 4Q

I know there is an easy fix for this, but I can't remember what it is!

Craig

Craig Slawson
Staffordshire Ecological Record

Re: error adding species records

Hi

Investigation of these issues is time consuming, but normally there is some logical reason behind it.  Most probably there is something inconsistent in the UKSI which makes R6 think the species is not suitable for data input. Which version of the Dictionary are you on ? I cant see any problem with v6.29 dictionary 4N.

Mike Weideli

I did say in my first e-mail it was 4Q

Craig Slawson
Staffordshire Ecological Record

Hi

Sorry.  I can't see anything obvious. Probably a dictionary anomally which R6 isn't coping with very well. I will investigate further asap. Look in the Index_Taxon_Name table for the species and see what Allow data entry is set to and change this if required. The Recommended TLIK is NHMSYS0000332500.

Mike Weideli