Topic: Running Dictionary upgrades from within R6 (from Version 6.30)

I have a query regarding running Dictionary updates from within R6 (when V 6.30 has been installed). We are not there yet with our version of R6 but I need to ask this question, although it may seem a stupid one, and I hope it is.

I note from the information given in http://www.recorder6.info/page47.html  that “It is best to not use the machine for anything else while the update is running”. Apart from my workstation which is the one upon which R6 is normally used, we have another three workstations with R6 installed and these are potential users. It’s obvious that the other three users should not access R6 whilst the upgrade is running, but does this imply that these other users should not use their machines for anything else, even though Recorder would be shut down on the other three workstations? If so this would present a problem.

Bob Marsh
Doncaster LRC
Coleoptera recorder for YNU

Re: Running Dictionary upgrades from within R6 (from Version 6.30)

It applies only to the machine on which the dictionary update is being run. What can happen us that if other applications are run while the dictionary update is in progress, the message boxes  from R6  may not display, giving the impression that the process has stalled.

Mike Weideli

Re: Running Dictionary upgrades from within R6 (from Version 6.30)

Got that Mike - thanks
Bob

Bob Marsh
Doncaster LRC
Coleoptera recorder for YNU