Topic: problem starting Recorder

I think I've managed to mess up one of my copies of Recorder, when trying to start I get a message stating "could not find stored procedure 'usp_Check_Index'"

I can confirm that procedure does not exist in the copy of Recorder

I think NBNData has got out of sync with the Recorder App

Note this isn't my live data, so not a serious problem, but I could do with getting it working again

Craig

Craig Slawson
Staffordshire Ecological Record

Re: problem starting Recorder

Have a look in help 'About recorder 6 and see what version the database is up to. From that we can work out what R6 upgrades you need to run.

Mike Weideli

Err! I can't, because I can't log in!

is there a table I can look at in SSMS which reports the Database version?

Craig

Craig Slawson

Sorry, in a hurry as on my way out. Look in the setting table. The solution will be to run the application upgrades which will bring the database in line.  Which ones will depend on  the database version of  the loaded database.  If the db sequence is 00000B5 then run the 6.29 application upgrade.   If less than 000000B5 and greater than 000000AX run the 6.28 application upgrade followed  by the 6.29 upgrade. The error would indicate that your software is on 6.29 and your database earlier than this.

Mike Weideli

Thanks Mike,

Easy fix, on checking settings, I had attached data from 6.28 to a 6.29 executable - all working now

Craig

Craig Slawson