Topic: Problem running import of MapMate data

I received the following bug report whilst trying to import a batch of MapMate records, including the MapMateKey column in the import - see attached.

Note: First time I ran the import it worked fine, but generated a couple of validation errors (wrong site-matching) - on running again with the sites corrected I got this error (not happened before

Craig

Post's attachments

Error-73738850776386.txt 41.21 kb, 6 downloads since 2019-11-25 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
Craig Slawson
Staffordshire Ecological Record

Re: Problem running import of MapMate data

I've done a couple of checks on the data:

1) the offending MapMate key 00m5w3tz does not already exist in Recorder
2) the same key only occurs once in the import file
3) the offending Recorder Key does already exist in dbo.Import_Wizard_Log, one of only 9 entries, but I don't know what this table mean, I could easily remove the entry from the table!

Craig

Craig Slawson
Staffordshire Ecological Record

I'm starting to look at retaining MapMate keys as TOCC keys and am experiencing similar problems to Craig re exactly the same exception error and no obvious reason why the error occurs. Currently v6.29.0.290 (awaiting confirmation of licence).

Les Evans-Hill
Senior Data Officer, National Moth Recording Scheme

Looking at Import_Wizard_Log I think it is just that - a log of the imports carried out using the wizard, with the first and last taxon occurrence keys, date, number of records, number of determinations and a timestamp.

This looks like a bug - there shouldn't be a primary key on the the two occurrence key columns because (as you've shown) there is potential for a taxon occurrence key to be duplicated when doing mapmate imports. You should only get this error with the same set of records, so importing all but e.g. the last one should work (and then import the last one).

Should be an easy fix (removing the primary key)- looks like it may have been introduced/altered this year so wouldn't have been encountered before?

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership

Charlie,

"You should only get this error with the same set of records, so importing all but e.g. the last one should work (and then import the last one)."

Yes, this is exactly what I have found during my testing.

Les Evans-Hill
Senior Data Officer, National Moth Recording Scheme