Topic: Recorder6 Ideas board (Trello)
Following the recent announcement about the new licence fee (see https://forums.nbn.org.uk/viewtopic.php?id=7472) we are also launching a new Recorder6 ideas board on Trello. Although Recorder 6 has been around for many years and has been continuously developed and enhanced since it was first released, there are undoubtedly still many features that users would like to see developed to improve Recorder 6, to fix existing bugs, or to just make their life easier. In an attempt to make Recorder 6 maintenance and development more responsive to users’ requirements we are launching a new 'Trello' ideas board at
This board will track any ideas and bug fixes that have been suggested for new versions of Recorder 6 and allows you to comment and up-vote them to participate in the process.
How it works:
1. Report any bugs as usual on the NBN Forum "Recorder Troubleshooting and Bug Reports" page at
These will then be reviewed and, if possible, a fix will be identified. Once a fix has been identified it will be posted on the Trello board so that users can keep an eye on progress.
2. Post any ideas for new features as usual on the NBN Forum "Feature Requests" page at
These will then be picked up and added to the Recorder6 Ideas board. This is publicly accessible so anyone can see all of the ideas proposed.
3. Once you are registered on Trello you can comment on any of the bug fixes and ideas, up-vote them and watch them to keep track of their progress. It's free to register so there's no reason not to. To register on Trello either Google "Register Trello" or using this link
4. The steering group will keep a close eye on the Trello board and take into account any comments and the number of up-votes when it comes to making decisions about support and development priorities and allocating funding.
5. As bug fixes and ideas are addressed they will be moved into new "swim-lanes", denoting their progress towards release.
6. If an idea is particularly important to one or more users, and they are willing to provide additional funding towards its development, it will be moved into the 'Sponsored Ideas' swim-lane. Sponsored ideas will be given priority so long as the steering group and development team feel they fit the overall vision for the direction of Recorder 6.
If you have any questions about the Trello board please reply to this post.
Andy Foy Consulting