Topic: How do I edit/add Taxon Group to Taxon Dictionary Lists?

Hi,

in a few dictionary lists such as "List of additional names" there are several species that do not have a taxon group assigned (for example Acanthis flammea/cabaret is missing "bird").

This leads to a bit of a tedious editing of files that are extracted from Recorder 6.

Is there a manual procedure to edit the various taxa entries so that they can have a taxon group assigned?

I cannot seem to be able to do this if I try to edit the entry and check the tab "Taxon Group".

There is only an option to use "Rucksack" that allows me to add "arbitrary taxa contained in this taxonomic group".

Can anybody help?

Re: How do I edit/add Taxon Group to Taxon Dictionary Lists?

Hi

The Taxon_Group is allocated by the NHM as part of the maintenance of the  of the UKSI and I cant see any entries  without a Taxon Group in the master R6 dictionary.  Is this a user added  taxa ?

Mike Weideli

Hi Mike, the dictionary list is "List of Additional Names" used by the NHM to add new taxa. Is it only on them to add taxon group name to this list?

Hi

They should all have Taxon_Groups.  Can you find one in the list of additional names and get the meta data (highlight the line and click the  'i' icom in the top menu).

Mike Weideli