Topic: Batch update to delete records with certain reference numbers

I would like to have a batch update that deletes a set of records based on a list of values stored in the Surveyor's reference field. I would have a list of reference numbers stored in a csv file (single file, one field). Anybody done anything similar that they could share?

Mark

Mark Pollitt
SWSEIC (formerly DGERC)

Re: Batch update to delete records with certain reference numbers

The attached Batch Update nearly does this. It is based on the Comment so just needs a change to the parameter <Condition field= "dbo.ufn_RtfToPlaintext(TOCC.Comment)"  operator="Like" type="Text"  name="Occurrence Comment"  />

This version is for R6 6.29 and would need a further slight change to work with 6.28

Post's attachments

JNCCDel2TCOM.XML 6.51 kb, 7 downloads since 2019-10-08 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
Mike Weideli

Brilliant Mike. That should be simple to adapt.

Thanks

Mark

Mark Pollitt
SWSEIC (formerly DGERC)

OK, this is dead easy to tweak for doing one reference number at a time, but I need to bring in a CSV file to drive the initial 'Insert into...' command. Assume I need a CSVTables statement up front and then link in to the initial insert into statement?

Mark

Mark Pollitt
SWSEIC (formerly DGERC)

I have something somewhere and will find it for you. Basically the temporary table needs to be populated.

Mike Weideli

Hi

I have adapted the Comments version to use a csv file with Surveyors Refs. Haven't run it so may needa a bit of a tweak.

Post's attachments

JNCCDel2TSREF.xml 6.66 kb, 3 downloads since 2019-10-08 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
Mike Weideli