1 (edited by charliebarnes 27-08-2019 14:24:37)

Topic: Import wizard - Add failed (exists)

At the Names matching screen of the import wizard I'm getting the follow Notes when trying trying to Make New Entry on a name:

Add failed. Exists or insufficient info

The name I am trying to add is in the format firstname lastname

I assume that there is sufficient info, so presumably Recorder thinks the name already exists. Regardless of whether that name already exists or not, Recorder shouldn't be stopping me from adding it (think of all the John Smiths or Sarah Janes).

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership

Re: Import wizard - Add failed (exists)

Please see reply to other topic.  You are not prevented from adding the name as it can be done through the Individual hierarchy. I agree that you should still be able to add the name through 'Make New Entry'  and stopping you doing this is a bug.  I think the checks are required in 'Make New Entries' to allow this to be used to create multiple entries, but avoiding creating duplicate or meaningless entries. The aim was to stop the IW creating unwanted entries not to prevent you creating entries you need.

Mike Weideli

Re: Import wizard - Add failed (exists)

MikeWeideli wrote:

should still be able to add the name through 'Make New Entry'  and stopping you doing this is a bug.  I think the checks are required in 'Make New Entries' to allow this to be used to create multiple entries

I agree - that seems sensible.

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership