Topic: Dictionary upgrade - missing species?

Hi

I’ve just done the dictionary update to 0000004K, which I hoped would allow me to add some species that were not present in the dictionary before. Unfortunately they are still not appearing in the dictionary, but I am more concerned that these species do appear in the latest version of the UKSI.

Is it possible to check if these species should be appearing in Recorder 6, in which case something has gone wrong with our dictionary update?

The species are:
Lepraria ecorticata
Punctelia jeckeri
Sphaerellothecium parietinarium
Cydia ulicetana
Eysarcoris venustissimus

Thanks

Josh Baum
ERCCIS
Environmental Record Centre for Cornwall & Isles of Scilly

Re: Dictionary upgrade - missing species?

Hi Josh

We're on dictionary 0000004K and those species are all present in our version...

Mark

Mark Pollitt
SWSEIC (formerly DGERC)

Hi

They there in the master dictionary. I can  find  Lepraria ecorticata by searching the the Fungi list or by searching on all preferred taxa. Cydia ulicetana is on the Lepidoprtera check list. How have you been looking for them ? If you can t find them by searching the lists then it could be your dictionary is out of step. See https://forums.nbn.org.uk/viewtopic.php?id=6543

Mike Weideli

Hi Mike,

I have searched for the names using the lists in the Taxon Dictionary browser, in preferred and unrestricted and nothing comes up. What would you recommend doing to find out what the problem is?

Josh

Josh Baum
ERCCIS
Environmental Record Centre for Cornwall & Isles of Scilly

Hi

The only way this can be fixed is through the process described in the FAQ. The structure of the dictionary is too complicated to track individual errors and provide fixes. The service I am able to offer at  the moment is to work out the difference between your dictionary and the master and provide a special update to bring you back into line. To do this I need a copy of your database (see the FAQ).  I you want me to do this let me know. You do not have to stop using R6 while the work is being done and it shoudln't take very long - hopefully a few days.  There is a £40.00 charge.

Mike

Mike Weideli