Topic: Consultants portal down

Not sure where to put this. The consultants portal is giving me an error message (after a very long wait):

Warning: Error while sending QUERY packet. PID=2360332 in DatabaseStatementBase->execute() (line 2227 of /home/ecosurve/public_html/includes/database/database.inc).
PDOException: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away: SELECT * FROM {filter} ORDER BY weight, module, name; Array ( ) in filter_list_format() (line 707 of /home/ecosurve/public_html/modules/filter/filter.module).
Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership

Re: Consultants portal down

Now no long wait but I'm getting the following at the top of the page:

Notice: Undefined index: taxon in include() (line 4 of /home/ecosurve/public_html/sites/all/modules/iform_blocks/templates/iform_blocks_records_list.tpl.php).
Notice: Undefined index: taxon in include() (line 9 of /home/ecosurve/public_html/sites/all/modules/iform_blocks/templates/iform_blocks_records_list.tpl.php).
Notice: Undefined index: images in include() (line 13 of /home/ecosurve/public_html/sites/all/modules/iform_blocks/templates/iform_blocks_records_list.tpl.php).
Notice: Undefined index: date in include() (line 22 of /home/ecosurve/public_html/sites/all/modules/iform_blocks/templates/iform_blocks_records_list.tpl.php).
Notice: Undefined index: entered_sref in include() (line 23 of /home/ecosurve/public_html/sites/all/modules/iform_blocks/templates/iform_blocks_records_list.tpl.php).
Charlie Barnes
Information Officer

You mean someone actually uses the Consultants Portal?

That's what I was trying to find out...

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer

5 (edited by Matt Smith 29-05-2019 09:12:54)

Wearing my Consultants hat, I can say I would never make use of the Consultants Portal as it does absolutely nothing for me in terms of my needs as a consultant.  It needs a complete rethink and redesign based on a lot of input from actual potential users.  Both it and the Natural England Pantheon system suffer from a major inability to manage species lists as a coplete entitiy.

As an example, as a Consultant with a NE GCN survey licence, I have to make an annual return by 30 September each year of all my licenceable  activities over the previous year.  I need to complete a form and send electornic copies of this to both NE and any LRCs from whose patch I have records.  If I put my GCN records into the Consultants Portal, what do i get?  Nothing.  The Portal should be able to generate NE Licence Return documents based on the data input, and be set up to allow "3rd parties" (ie Consultancy staff) to load in data on behalf of other persons within that consultancy.  If I don't get anything useful out, why should I effectively double enter all my GCN data onto both the Licence Return and the Consultants Portal.

A long time ago I used to sell bespoke software into assorted companies.  A big chunk of my job involved sitting down with clients, understanding their business processes and defining exactly what they wanted and needed out of their software, then doing the reverse sort of processes with our in-house programming team - never allow the programming team to talk directly to the end user or you end up wih something neither side are happy with.  This is what the Consultants Portal needs, a complete rebuild and relaunch after a proper "user requirement analysis" by someone who understands biological recording and the requiements of Ecological Consultants, so what is offered is actually useable, and used.

Wearing my Consultants hat, I am avaliable for such a project........................ ;-)

Is the consultants portal defunct?

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer