Topic: Finding BAP habitat information

How do I set about finding details of BAP habitats in a particular area?
My example is Bradgate Park in Leicestershire.
Generally speaking one can get lists of BAPs from a counties Wildlife Trust or LERC. Details of each may be variable, sometimes with maps, sometimes with lists too. However if a certain BAP habitat isn't in a LERC's "priority" list then it won't be found there. So for example there are no Wood Pasture & Parklands listed for Leicestershire.
I can use MAGIC to find a particular BAP type (it finds Bradgate Park) but that's just a shape on a map, there's not even a label indicating its name let alone any other information.
What can one use to find out more about any BAP category (or other designation), in any part of the country?

Re: Finding BAP habitat information

I don't think such a detailed national dataset exists.

You can download NE's priority habitat layer and query it yourself in QGIS. I guess you'd need to combine it with a layer of named shapes and do an intersect to get names if they aren't in the layer? Ditto species records.

It's at: http://naturalengland-defra.opendata.ar … nd-central
but it says due to a size issue you need to use the download link in the description, not the "open data geoportal" i.e. http://tbf.me/a/QbiCl

-----------------
Teresa Frost | Wetland Bird Survey National Organiser | BTO
Other hat  | National Forum for Biological Recording Council
(Old hats  | NBN Board, ALERC Board, CBDC, KMBRC)

Re: Finding BAP habitat information

Thanks for that Teresa. I suspected as much, deep tech narrows access down to just a few of us, not a brilliant service to the general public is it?
For example, after this weekend's bird show at Pensthorpe it would be nice to be able to quickly bring up nearby Reedbeds on a mobile device and go visit those with decent access.
As for my Wood Pasture & Parkland thing (I'm trying to put together an article for the next Dipterists Forum Bulletin because we're obsessed with saproxylic habitats), Keith Alexander has pointed me to Woodland Trust's Ancient Tree Inventory and People's Trust for Endangered Species surveys on that habitat. Also Natural England's Suzanne Perry was apparently working on a national inventory - I'll see how far she's got.