Topic: Changing Custodian

Hello,
We at Fife Nature have approx. 500,000 records most of which have the same custodian key starting CI000068. Some of the other keys are old, no longer used versions and I am hoping to update the old custodian key to the current one. From a previous post I see there is an XML available to download "LCChangeCustodian" and that there is one on the system "LC01_ChangeCustodian" so which one should I use?
Also is there a way of checking the old custodian keys to make sure we do actually have custodianship? The old keys begin as follows: LC00025, CI151065 and LC000001
Many thanks for any help
Mhairi

Re: Changing Custodian

Hi

LC000001 is my own personal site id so if you have any records with this I am not sure where they have come from. I wasn't aware I have any data for Fife. LC000025 is also a site Id I allocated so I would imagine this is  a genuine id if it has any records. - It may be the Conchological Society. CI151065 looks like something special - possibly a government department ? Where are you picking up these Custodians from - the Survey?

LCChangeCustodian looks OK and is the last one I know was used.

Mike Weideli

Hello Mike,
We have 38 records with LC000001 as the site ID, I have no idea how this happened, they are all for Fife and we have the original information from the original recorders. The records are mainly badgers, squirrels and geese all added between 10th & 11th August 2011. I shall email you the spreadsheet and if you agree I shall use the xml to change the site ID to ours. Perhaps there was a problem and you helped Alexa in some way?
The records we have with LC00025 number 54,593 and are under the survey "Other FERN Records" where FERN is Fife Environmental Recording Network I think.
Many thanks for your help with this.
Mhairi

They must be some sort of adjustment. It wil be ok to change them.

Mike Weideli