Topic: Track down Import Wizard mistake

I have noticed that a species name has been incorrectly to another species in the import wizard. Is there a way to track down any species records that have been created as a result of this match? Failing that is there a way to find out when this incorrect match was made so I can check entries made on/since that date?, I thought there might be a value in IW_Matched_Species but there isn't and  I'm not sure if a value for that would be in the other IW tables.

Thanks

Gordon Barker
Biological Survey Data Manager
National Trust

Re: Track down Import Wizard mistake

The only table where R6 holds the Remembered Matches is IW_Match_Species.  It does try to do an automatic match and this could be where it is going wrong. It counts the number of possible matches and if only 1 then it will automatically use this. However,  if you matching against a specific list and the species only appear once on that list it will use that. If it finds a synonym it will change the name to the preferred name on that list. Can you tell me what the species name is that is going wrong so I can look in the Dictionary and hopefully see what is actually happening. This will help decide on the best solution.

Mike Weideli

It's one of the green matches, which means someone has previously matched them manually. Carpilemus erichsoni and Rugilus erichsoni. I need to go back and check any records of Rugilus to see if they should be Carpilemus. I was hoping there would be a way to identify which had been imported and when, but don't think this is possible. Using a bit of detective work I have identified batches of import which include this match and the previous and following matches in IW Match Species and will have to work forwards from there.

Gordon Barker
Biological Survey Data Manager
National Trust

If it is a green match it is in IW_Match_Species.  It shows the Taxon_List_Item key and you should be able to find the Taxon_Determinations with these TLI Keys. The entry date on Taxon_Determination will be the date time entered/imported, but this will not directly tell you if  it was imported or entered, however it may help. Only thing to watch for is that a species name can appear more than once in IW_Match_Species and not necessarily with the same key.   There is a report (menu System Supplied/ Find) which will find the records for a taxon by name and allow you to go to the records to investigate them.

Might be an idea to have table which recorded the date of an import and the number of records imported. Linking this to the records by date/time would mean you could find all records imported in a  batch.

Mike Weideli