Topic: Review Comments and two more requests

I have just carried out my first import with the new 'Reviewer' determination system (so two determinations can be added at once).

However, I could not seem to find a way to import the 'Review Comment' or 'Reviewer Comment'. It is possible to import 'Taxon Determination Comment' which goes with the first determination. Please can this field be added to the Import Wizard?

Also, I had two more ideas that came from this import -

1) it would be good to be able to import into a specific field for image (photo) references, so image urls can be put in there.

2) Once the External Keys are imported they are not visible in the main Recorder 6 interface, would it be possible to have these visible somewhere when looking at a taxon occurrence?

Thanks,

Phil

Re: Review Comments and two more requests

Item 2 will be in 6.29 which is nearly there. I might be able to add the reviewer comment in as well. I have added item 1 to the list of possible changes as I am not sure what is involved. It may be possible with SQL changes, but may require a change to the core program.

Mike Weideli

Hi

Reviwers Comments is already there, but under the column 'Reviewers Reference'.  I will look at changing the name as this is confusing.

Mike Weideli

Thanks Mike. I did another import and that worked, although I agree the name of the import field should be changed.

I did notice however, that after the import the verification flag (if that is the correct term) for some of the records was not synchronised properly. For example a 'Review Type' of 'Incorrect' had the flag 'Passed Verification/Not reviewed'. When I updated this manually it corrected itself to 'Failed/Pending Verification....'.

philr wrote:

that after the import the verification flag (if that is the correct term) for some of the records was not synchronised properly.

Yes, I noticed that as well the other day.

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership

Fixed in 6.29 which is nearly there.

Mike Weideli

If you have access to Management Studio  the attached script should fix the issue in advance of 6.29.

You may also need to check that you don't have any verified indicators out of line from previous imports.

SELECT TOCC.Taxon_Occurrence_Key FROM TAXON_OCCURRENCE TOCC
INNER JOIN Taxon_Determination TDET ON TDET.Taxon_Occurrence_key =
TOCC.Taxon_Occurrence_Key AND  TDET.PREFERRED = 1
INNER JOIN Determination_Type DT
ON DT.Determination_Type_Key = TDET.Determination_Type_Key
WHERE TOCC.VERIFIED = DT.VERIFIED

You can then fix them manually or the following sql can be run in addition to the script.  However, if you run the sql  make sure you have  a backup and make sure the results look OK  before adding more data  to your system. 

Update Taxon_Occurrence set verified = DT.Verified
FROM Taxon_Occurrence TOCC INNER JOIN
Taxon_Determination TDET ON TDET.Taxon_Occurrence_key =
TOCC.Taxon_Occurrence_Key AND  TDET.PREFERRED = 1
INNER JOIN Determination_Type DT
ON DT.Determination_Type_Key = TDET.Determination_Type_Key

Post's attachments

UnwanredtaxandVerified.sql 5.11 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
Mike Weideli