Topic: Sample Time & Duration - Import Error

I'm importing sample time and duration for the first time and get an exception as the import is processed.
"String or binary data would be truncated"

I checked the duration and it is only 20 characters which I was exceeding. Shortening it to less than 20 did not solve it. The only other out of the ordinary columns are a range and sample time. I have no information for this apart from its a 'datetime' field. So I'm not sure if the format I'm using is ok "21:23".

Does anyone have experience of Sample time and duration. I think my range of "<5" should be safe.

Thanks

Data Manger
Somerset Environmental Records Centre

Re: Sample Time & Duration - Import Error

Hi

I have a look at this and it seems that it has never works since it went in  2008, but it doesn't look like a simple fix. I wil take a further look later today to see if I can do something immediately, otherwise it will have to go on the bug list.

Mike Weideli

Thanks Mike. Do you know of any problems with "Private Address" as I'm about to use that for the first time.

Data Manger

It seems to work in my test. The problem with  the import wizard is that with 55 possible fields you can't test all combinations. Sometimes a particular combination causes a problem.

Mike Weideli

Re - Sample Start time

I think this is working, but you need to use the format 12:01:00 (hours:mins:secs). What it really needs is a change to the R6 application to validate the input in this field and to deal with the input of the data in various formats, but to reject anything which doesn't work at the validation stage.

Mike Weideli

And of course as soon as you say it ... I will give it a go now. The seconds were there just not showing due to formatting. So a quick change to hh:mm:ss format and try the import.

But alas it dies with the same error. I've sent it over in hope it is something else.

Data Manger