Topic: Reporting first county records

Hi

I need to report on the first county records in our database but, not being conversant with the Recorder Reporting, I can't work out how to do it without exporting the whole DB to Excel and doing it there!

Craig

Craig Slawson
Staffordshire Ecological Record

Re: Reporting first county records

Hi

Can you tell me a bit more about your requirement. How your records are structured and exactly what do you want to get out.

Mike Weideli

Hi Mike,

Not sure exactly what you want , I want the first county record, for each species in the select criteria from a Recorder Search, so basically it would be something along the lines of "SELECT MIN(date) FROM Taxon_Observations" and include the date location and observer, but I know it is not as simple as that because to the way dates are held in Recorder

Craig

Craig Slawson
Staffordshire Ecological Record

Hi

I wasn't sure what you meant by county as I don't know how your records are structured. It is a bit tricky, not so much because of the vague dates, but because at least in theory you can have multiple first records and need some sort of tie breaker to select just one. I can have a go for you, but need to give it a bit of thought.

Mike Weideli