Topic: Downloads missing records

I have beendownloading records using the location search (LERC boundary) and selecting records according to taxonomic group. Unfortunately some species appear to be missing from the species checklist download. When I go back to check and do a search based on the species name, the records are present in the Atlas database.
Is this a problem arising from a mismatch of grid reference and Lat/Long geographical with respect to boundaries?
If so is there another way that I can download a species list or records list for an LERC?

Thanks you

Christine

Re: Downloads missing records

Hi Christine,
The problem is because the search only matches records whose centroid (centre point of the grid reference) falls within the boundary. It doesn't match records where the grid reference overlaps the boundary but the centre point is outside.

Reuben is working on a change to the sampling process to include records that overlap boundaries. I will let you know when I have more information about when it will be available on the Atlas. I know that Reuben has it working on a development copy of the Atlas on a small subset of records.

Best wishes, Sophie

Hi Sophie,
Any progress on this issue? I'm still finding missing species when I download lists of tax for our VC (or local authority area).

Thanks

Christine

Hi Christine,
I am sorry, at the moment no. Reuben had problems applying the update to a large number of records. I will ask for an update and let you know.

Best wishes, Sophie

Hi Sophie

Any news on this issue? It was first raised here: https://forums.nbn.org.uk/viewtopic.php?id=7259 in September 2018

Thanks

Ian