Topic: Map problem with windows 10

I have managed to install R6 on a new PC with Windows 10, completed all the upgrades and attached my old database.
There is a problem with the maps. If I click maps, I only get  the Map Options and if I click on this I get tyhe following error message:

Object sheet path on this workstation does notr appear correct. Do not add new base maps or reset maps until this is fixed. Attempt fix now?

The base map sheet is showing, but not ticked.

I am reluctant to click on "fix now", as the whole transfer process was angst ridden, and I do not want to run into further problems, particularly as I rarely use the maps.

Advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

Christine

Re: Map problem with windows 10

Hi

I think this will require a reset of the maps files, but I need to do a few tests to confirm this. I assume you have a standalone install on version 6.28.

Mike Weideli

Thanks Mike.
I have a standalone system running 6.28 with sql 2014.

Christine

Hi

I assume that you have no map data worth keeping. Don't  accept the fix will make things worse. Take a backup of the database just in case.  Go to  map options. Don't accept the fix and the do  a Reset/All. This should put things right.

Mike Weideli

Thanks Mike.
There is progress in that the base map sheet is now ticked. I can now click on View Map but when I click on Base Map Sheet I get the following error message:

"Object sheet path on this workstation is not as expected. Go to Map Option to correct this."

I'm sure there is a simple solution, but I'm in no hurry as I can function without the maps.

Many Thanks

Christine