Topic: Sensitive species not blurred

While trying to get the reporting pages to function (previous post). I noticed that sensitive species data was being shown at full resolution. I know this has come up previously and i thought sensitive species were now automatically blurred even if the blur option had not been set on entry?

I checked in-case i had additional privilege but any logged in user can access the information. I have previously been asked by two of the recorders effected that the data not be made available at full resolution so the records will need removing from the server unless i am missing something in the settings?

Natural History & Biodiversity Data Enthusiast

Re: Sensitive species not blurred

Hi Ben
This would be automatic if using a maintained "well-behaved" report file, but there are some older reports that may not respect the setting. Which report are you using?
Regards
John

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT

Hi John,

For D7 I am just using "Report Page (customisable)" copy and paste structure from the iRecord explorer sample on the docs (below). I only updated the form a couple of days ago so i assumed it was the latest. I did hit a snag with the new helper config so i'll perhaps try to clean install again and see if that resolves it. I can only assume it's picking up an old form from somewhere! I have checked the D8 site and that does blur the data as expected.

[standard_params]
@allowSave=true
@linkToMapDiv=map
@taxon_list_id=15
@filter-date_age=1 month
@filter-indexed_location_id={profile_location}
@filter-taxon_group_list={profile_taxon_groups}
@indexedLocationTypeIds=[15,1370]
@otherLocationTypeIds=[2412,2188]
[map]
@dataSource=library/occurrences/filterable_explore_list_mapping
@dataSourceLoRes=library/occurrences/filterable_explore_list_mapping_lores
=Records=
[report_grid]
@dataSource=library/occurrences/filterable_explore_list
@rowId=occurrence_id
=Species=
[report_grid]
@dataSource=library/taxa/filterable_explore_list
@downloadLink=true
@rowId=taxon_meaning_id
@linkFilterToMap=false

The re-installation of the iform module seems to have resolved this for the most part. I think the issue may have been i was using the module specific linked client_helper on github rather than the master copy. However, it does still appear that an anonymous entered record is being displayed at full. The record is of a dead animal found on a rail-track so i am not as concerned but will look a bit more into it in the future.