Topic: Report maps not loading

I've installed a fresh D8 site today for a project next year. I want the site to report a per location recorder league.

Both D7 and D8 iform modules were updated yesterday and today respectively.

Most of the prebuilt forms that appear to support this just crash the site with 504 error however one that does appear to work is the "Report Page (customisable)" with the irecord record explorer settings and a location_id set in both the "User Interface" "Form Structure" field and the "Report Settings" "Preset.." field.

The problem is that once the report is run the map does not display data. The browser displays the following error;

OpenLayers.js?v=8.6.3:1558 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'replace' of undefined
    at initialize.read (OpenLayers.js?v=8.6.3:1558)
    at Function.OpenLayers.Geometry.fromWKT (OpenLayers.js?v=8.6.3:532)
    at HTMLDivElement.addPt (jquery.indiciaMapPanel.js?v=8.6.3:73)
    at String.<anonymous> (jquery.reportgrid.js?v=8.6.3:840)
    at Function.each (jquery.min.js?v=3.2.1:2)
    at Object.success (jquery.reportgrid.js?v=8.6.3:839)
    at i (jquery.min.js?v=3.2.1:2)
    at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.min.js?v=3.2.1:2)
    at A (jquery.min.js?v=3.2.1:4)
    at HTMLScriptElement.c (jquery.min.js?v=3.2.1:4)

In a similar vein, my D7 site using the same report and the iRecord explore settings does not display the map or any initial data. Applying a filter loads data to the grid but the map remains blank. The error in this case is;

Uncaught TypeError: indiciaFns.applyFilterToReports is not a function
    at web-records:744
    at Function.<anonymous> (web-records:760)
    at Function.each (js_x0MhBQfHNAIO1NwkQgzf_TGN4b8eMmKre3nqUfoQv3w.js:2)
    at window.onload (web-records:759)

504 and 502 errors regularly hit Indicia reporting pages (no errors are logged on my site or the BRC warehouse) but this is the first time the maps have refused to load. Record entry forms on the other hand, are spot on!

As an aside the docs regularly refer to the 'Dynamic Report Explorer' (e.g. https://indicia-docs.readthedocs.io/en/ … explorer). Could i just check, is this synonymous with the selection "Report Page (customisable)".

Natural History & Biodiversity Data Enthusiast

Re: Report maps not loading

Hi Ben
If you want to send me a link and any login details to pages that don't work I can take a look (I think you know my email!). Also - yes, the Dynamic Report Explorer is the old name for the Report Page (customisable) prebuilt page type - I'll update the docs.
Best wishes
John

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT

Cheers John, i'll send a login over.

My usual hamfisted attempts to resolve this have lead me to uncovering a new but possibly related issue. I have managed to now cause almost permanent 502 errors on both the D7 and D8 sites. Both are now *definitely* running up to date iform modules having resolved the client helper issue in the other thread. It appears the 'maps not loading' problem was related to the development version of the client_helper version i was using.

It seems that the 502 error is limited to use of the Dynamic_report_explorer form. I assumed it was something to do with me miss configuring the form so i tried to run it on the default entries (other than selecting a base map) and it still failed with 502. I removed everything from the form structure field and the page loaded. It then displayed an actual real life error of a kind "general errors... cannot find report .xml".

This suggests to me that the issue is with my connection to the (BRC) warehouse and must be something to do with the way my site is (or isn't) properly communicating with it and specifically related to calls made by  dynamic_report_explorer.php

I'll keep at this but any suggestions appreciated. Obviously i can't access the BRC warehouse .xml's themselves so if that info is available anywhere so i can at least see what i am failing to pick up it would be appreciated!