Topic: Import to Temp Observer

I no longer seem to be offered the option to import recorder names to a Temp Observer, despite the media type being set to Temporary.

Any ideas?

Mark

Mark Pollitt
SWSEIC (formerly DGERC)

2 (edited by charliebarnes 10-08-2018 15:35:21)

Re: Import to Temp Observer

It appears the value of Temp Media Keys is not being retrieved from the database and being set to nothing when you open the Options dialog and hit save.

I can get the option to import temp data back by entering NBNSYS0000000007 into Temp Media Keys on the Setting Table page of the Options dialog (but it'll get wiped next time you open the dialog and hit save).

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership

Thanks Charlie

Solves it for now, at least until such time as the options are edited again.

Cheers

Mark

Mark Pollitt
SWSEIC (formerly DGERC)

This issue has raised its head again. Unfortunately this time neither of the PCs on our networked installation will save the value of NBNSYS0000000007 in the Temp Media Keys setting, meaning that I am once again unable to use the temporary names field in imports. The Temp Media Keys remains blank when I try to save it. This is very odd as last week I used the same fix and it worked, and there has been no changes since (save perhaps for a windows update).

I presume the missing registry entry needs to be re-created. Mike, can you point to where that is? I'm happy creating the registry entry directly if necessary to resolve the solution temporarily if you can provide instructions, though obviously sorting out why it is causing a problem would be more helpful.

Thanks

Mark

Mark Pollitt
SWSEIC (formerly DGERC)

And perhaps my assumption that this was a registry key is incorrect of course...

Mark Pollitt
SWSEIC (formerly DGERC)

OK, the value NBNSYS0000000007 is present in the 'Setting' table when I look at the values in the linked access database. But somehow it's not showing when I view the 'Options|Settings table' in the front end.

Mark

Mark Pollitt
SWSEIC (formerly DGERC)

Options Settings isn't working in as much that it isn't showing what is in the settings table. However, if the Survey Media type is set to temporary and TempMedia  in the Setting table  is set to NBNSYS0000000007  then TempObserver should be available as a column for matching. What is actually available to you with a TempSurvey  - the normal 'Observer' column ?

Mike Weideli

Ok, so I do now have the TempObservers field available - the NBNSYS00000007 value is in the settings table but not showing on the settings tab.

Thanks - just a bit confusing.

Mark

Mark Pollitt
SWSEIC (formerly DGERC)

It is a bug, which 6.29 fixes.

Mike Weideli

Thanks Mike - good to know.

Mark

Mark Pollitt
SWSEIC (formerly DGERC)