Topic: User Password Reset

Hi,

We have a user who has forgot their password. We have been looking for an option to reset this. Unfortunately we cannot seem to find the means to carry this out. Does anyone know how to do this?

Many thanks in advance,

Russell

Re: User Password Reset

Hi

Login as system manager. Goto Tools/User configuration. Find and delete the user. Set them up again which will give them the default password 'password'. Get then to login and they can the go to Tools/Change password and give themselevesa new s password.

Mike Weideli

Thanks very much for your response,

I find that when I click delete an error message appears stating 'unable to delete this item as it referenced by other records in the system'.

Best,

Russell

Hi

I think this must be the User Survey Restrictions. Before trying the delete make sure that the person has access to all Surveys. Edit the user and right click on Select All next to the list of Surveys. save this. Then try the delete. The Survey restrictions will need to be set up again after the user is put back. If it isn't this I will think again.

Mike Weideli

Hi Mike, it may well be that the database user has a whole load of Samples, Survey Events allocated to them as there is no separate database users id just an entry in the Individual table. I've helped their IT folks off forum to identify the password relating to the user concerned. A password reset option within the GUI for a system manager might make things easier!

6 (edited by charliebarnes 13-07-2018 15:14:28)

Deleting a user from the User Configuration dialog isn't impacted by it's use elsewhere (except for the survey restrictions).

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership

Thanks for the clarification Charlie - a password reset would still save the trouble of setting up the survey restrictions again.

A batch update to do this is very simple.

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer

That's true, is to possible to restrict the batch update so that it can only be run by for example system mangers?

Because of the ability of batch updates I believe they are already are?

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer

Thanks Charlie, they certainly are!

Or I think you can go into the linked Access database and look in the User table

Bob Marsh
Doncaster LRC
Coleoptera recorder for YNU