Topic: Location bug in the import wizard

There appears to be a bug in the import wizard where location name information is being lost and records being lumped together.

Easier to explain by doing:
- import the attached
- set the first column to location
- at the matching location stage, choose the same location for both 'meadow' and 'pit' (e.g. as two areas of the same site)

I would expect this to create two event/samples, one for the 'meadow' and one for the 'pit', but all records are imported into a single event/sample with 'meadow' as the location name.

If you add e.g. a grid reference column (with different grid references for each area) then the import works as expected.

Post's attachments

test.xlsx 9.61 kb, 4 downloads since 2018-06-06 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership

Re: Location bug in the import wizard

Hi

I have logged it as a bug/development. Until it is looked at in detail I am not sure just how much work is involved in fixing the issue.  The best way around the problem is to copy the Location field into a new column and set this to Location Name so that you have both a Location and Location name column. This will then deal with the situation in the way you expect.

Mike Weideli

3 (edited by charliebarnes 07-06-2018 08:50:25)

Re: Location bug in the import wizard

Thanks Mike - thankfully importing in this way is unusual for us; we normally always have a location + location_name

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership