Re: Import error - Violation of PRIMARY KEY

Hi all,

I've struggled all morning to import a batch of 50k records via ADO Connection. Firstly, the import failed if I created new "Names and Addresses" on-the-fly" and NOT allowing Recorder to create a new entry, then when it eventually gets through the matching process it failed with:

Exception path:
EOleException : Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK__#RN_Survey_Event__32669E04'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.#RN_Survey_Event_Recorder'

Is this likely to do with me adding a new name entry manually??

The subsequent attempt failed with:

Exception path:
EAccessViolation : Access violation at address 006A8F4E in module 'RecorderApp.exe'. Read of address 0000005C

I'm assuming this is related somewhere along the line with the EOleException above.

Anyone come across this before?

Best wishes,
Les.

Les Evans-Hill
Senior Data Officer, National Moth Recording Scheme

Re: Import error - Violation of PRIMARY KEY

Hi all,

I believe I may have solved this one; however, it will have to wait until the morning. I had a couple of recorders in my input database named "Neil ?" and Gail ?". This is what I believe caused the duplicate key error in the object 'dbo.#RN_Survey_Event_Recorder'. Anyway, an oversight on my part during my processes; however, something for everyone to watch out for if doing large imports (if indeed this is the answer!)

Best wishes,
Les.

Les Evans-Hill
Senior Data Officer, National Moth Recording Scheme