Topic: Darwin Core Archive examples

Hi
I'm implementing Darwin Core Archive support for Indicia at the moment to aid with export of datasets to the Atlas. I've found the GBIF documentation a bit of a trawl to be honest, with a few broken links (e.g. having managed to find a link to the GBIF EML profile it was broken). I've managed to produce archive files with the occurrences and meta.xml but when I upload them to the Darwin Core Archive Validator I am getting errors such as "NullPointerException" with not a lot to help tell me what I am doing wrong. Almost certainly problems in my file format rather than anything wrong with the tools, but it's hard to work out what I need to do to fix it.

I think providing an example DwC-A file containing NBN Atlas ready data would make things MUCH easier for people implementing archive files. Would it be possible to provide an example or two?
Regards
John

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT

Re: Darwin Core Archive examples

Hi John,
Yes, of course. I'll send you a couple of examples by email.

Best wishes, Sophie

Hi Sophie,
If you could upload the examples to this thread or, better still, add them to the Atlas documentation and post a link here that would  benefit the whole community.
Regards,
Jim Bacon

Hi Jim,
That's a good idea. I will add an example to the Atlas documentation. I have been working on mapping Marine Recorder and Record 6 fields to Darwin Core terms, when importing data into the Atlas, and have been meaning to add this information to the help pages.

Best wishes, Sophie