Topic: How do you amend a record?

I want to amend Occurrence record 502896341 as it's wrong.
How do I do that?
Where's the documentation?

Re: How do you amend a record?

Hi Darwyn,
It's not possible to update an occurrence record directly on the Atlas, the whole dataset has to be re-uploaded with the updated details. We have a development project to allow records to be flagged as having an issue. We hope to launch it as soon as possible after record-level verification is finalised on the Atlas.

Best wishes, Sophie

I happen to have Paula Lightfoot's presentation that she gave to a Dipterists Forum Recorders meeting at the NHM in January 2014 (and presumably other NSSs at around the same time)
Several of the slides were devoted to the issue of "Record Commenting on the "old" Gateway" and the problems associated with it. Presumably NBN's involvement in that series of meetings was in order to indicate how they were going to fix these.
It was a big enough issue at the time and remains so.
The Atlas replacement of that with "nothing" for 10 months or so doesn't seem to be achieving those aims.
Perhaps there's a way NSSs can help move this development project along a bit faster?

Can I also vote for moving this up the priority "to do list" please. 
We have been asking for this facility for a long time and it was promised as part of the Atlas replacement for the Gateway.
Another of the items on the wish list, which I think many of us would like sooner rather than later, is the ability to add new records to existing datasets without having to upload the complete dataset. This was possible with the Gateway but is no longer available.
However, perhaps you need to fix the current up-load problems first.

Christine

The 'flag an issue' or 'comment on a record' is on the our priority list of development. As soon as record-level verification is launch, which we hope to do in early February, work will start on it. As soon as I have more information on the exact timeframe I will let you know.

I am sorry for the delay in implementing this functionality.

As for allowing incremental updates, rather than having to update the complete dataset, I couldn't agree with you more. I have raised it again and I hope that we can do incremental updates in the very near future. Having to deal with very large datasets, when only a small number of records need to be updated is frustrating.

Sophie

Incremental updates is an issue for Recorder 6 development too. As is good documentation, a clear step by step downloadable guide.

Do we have any news on progress with this functionality please.
The Recording Schemes are struggling with the presence of false records on the Atlas at the moment (see https://forums.nbn.org.uk/viewtopic.php … 78#p28378) and whilst Martin Harvey was brave enough to add Atlas records to his scheme's distribution maps atlas (http://www.brc.ac.uk/soldierflies-and-allies/atlas) I don't trust them sufficiently to add them to mine or use them in any other analyses.
We need a tool to filter out the false records.

Unfortunately, at the moment I don't have any information on when the functionality will be available. I will ask next week and let you know.

Do we have any news about progress with record-level verification tools yet?
NSSs are all at sea whilst this is not implemented, so are some of our records.