Topic: strange behaviour of Recorder

I have a strange problem, when using Recorder the computer has irregular 'heart-attacks' - just with Recorder open, but not doing anything, the task manager reports CPU at 0% and network usage around 0-24kbps, then all of a sudden, the recorder window goes blank and CPU usage goes up to >40% and network usage goes over 2mbps. The spikes occur every 1-5 minutes, and make Recorder almost unusable - but it doesn't crash, there are no error messages, and all normal functions appear to be working

This is only happening on one of our networked copy of Recorder's workstations, as far as I'm aware none of the other workstations are showing any problems - it is definitely caused by Recorder, because once Recorder is closed, the spikes cease.

I just have no idea where to look in settings for the problem!

Craig

Craig Slawson
Staffordshire Ecological Record

Re: strange behaviour of Recorder

The only thing R6 does in the background is to keep shared Map  map files in sync, but this is a small database update, not anything major. SQL Server on the other hand does do lots of  background processing while an application is running, so this may be the problem.  You could  try  'Shrinking' the database through Management Studio. Right click on NBNdata, Select tasks and choose Shrink from the menu.

Mike Weideli