Topic: 10km square count?

Hi - not a bug this time, just a question.

When I look at a map on the NBN Atlas, I can convert it to a map at 10km square level, which is great. So....is it possible to quickly see a figure representing the number of 10 km squares that make up this map?

For example, back to my Scymnus schmidti ladybird example, I can export the underlying records and do a pivot table in Excel and work out that it is recorded in 96 10-km squares. Is it possible to quickly see that figure of 96 within the NBN Atlas application anywhere?

Cheers

Re: 10km square count?

Hi Andy,
I have not found a particularly quick way of doing this. It is possible to download the count of all records in each 10 km square by clicking on the 'choose more' link when filtering by 10 km square. The pop-box lists all the 10 km square with records in and the record count, there is a button to download the list.

If you don't have the option to filter by 10 km square, you can add it by clicking on 'customise filters' at the top of the left-hand panel.

However, I get 94 rather than 96 10 km squares. I will check this now.

Thanks, Sophie

There are three records in two 10 km squares (J43 and L90) that are not recognised as OS 10 km squares. This is the difference.

Thanks Sophie, I'll have a play with that

Yes, those 2 squares are Irish ones.

Cheers

Thanks again Sophie, that's a great tip, works well.