Topic: Darwin Core for NBN Atlas

Hello,
Please would someone tell me if I am correct in using the ObsKey in Recorder6 for output to the required field: OccurrenceID (NBN Atlas Term) AKA RecordKey (NBNDataExchangeFormat Equivalent). The point is that it has to be a unique identifier for the record. It looks like it to me but I want to be certain.

Because I use a networked Recorder6 I cannot easily 'go around the back' of the database, so I will need to output the data using the Export Wizard. There is nothing in my version of Recorder6's Help which tells me.

many thanks
Philippa

Dr Philippa Tomlinson
Biological Records Manager
Manx Biological Recording Partnership

Re: Darwin Core for NBN Atlas

Further to my previous... has anyone produced an R6 Report that outputs the data in the Darwin Core/NBNAtlas format? I realise that using the Wizard I cannot output the TaxonVersionKey/taxonID or the coordinateUncertaintyInMeters and I'm not sure whether Recorder holds precision information anyway... so what do we do about that?

thanks again
Philippa

Dr Philippa Tomlinson
Biological Records Manager
Manx Biological Recording Partnership

Re: Darwin Core for NBN Atlas

coordinateUncertaintyInMeters - precision is inherent in the use of grid references, but I'm not sure how we can translate our use of grid references to Darwin Core, as this value of coordinateUncertaintyInMeters is interpreted (I believe) as a circular buffer around a point. I.e. it would be wrong to say that a 1km grid reference had a coordinateUncertaintyInMeters of 1000 (rather you would have to find the coordinateUncertaintyInMeters that encompasses the 1km square)

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership