Topic: Export Filter

I wish to use the export filter to export all taxa observations in a single survey; however, having configured a new filter to do so it fails to export anything. I'm filtering to the Survey Tag "Macro-moths" and the Survey "Dorset". I leave the taxa filter empty to export all taxa. This should work but it doesn't and I cannot see why this should be.

Apologies if this has been covered before.

Les Evans-Hill
Senior Data Officer, National Moth Recording Scheme

Re: Export Filter

Not sure of the point of filtering on both Survey and Survey tag. Survey tags group Surveys together,

Mike Weideli

I also tried both in isolation and it still didn't work until I added a taxon.

Les Evans-Hill

I will investigate.

Mike Weideli

Are you on 6.26. I don't think expirt filter was tested with this, so 6.26 nay have intodufed a bug.

Mike Weideli

I'm still on 6.25 fro the moment but imminently upgrading.

Les Evans-Hill

Please could you send me the .exf file. I can't see any reason why you are having a problem as it seems to be working for me without a taxon. 

Hold off upgrading to 6.26 as there is a new version (6.26.2) with some bug fixes on its way.

Mike Weideli

8 (edited by nmrs 04-02-2017 11:12:24)

[Export Filter]
Export_Filter_Key=LC00033400000009
Filter_Name=Macro-moths by Survey Tag
Include_Occurrences=TRUE
Include_Locations=FALSE
Include_Names=FALSE
Survey_Count=0
Taxon_Count=0
Tag_Count=1
Has_Bounding_Box=FALSE
Has_Start_Date=FALSE
Has_End_Date=FALSE
Tag0=LC00033400000001

I'm not convinced Tag0 is correct? Form what I can tell it should be LC00033400000009 as this is the key in the Terms table. Using ...009 returns an error, however.

[Edit] It is correct, having just seen the Concept_Key. But it still returns nothing.

Les Evans-Hill

This is my test .exf file which works. I can't see any differences. It is just possible that a change in 6.26 has fixed the issue. I will have to load 6.25 to test this theory. The Tag0 key is the Concept Key not as I would have expected the Survet Tag key. 

[Export Filter]
Export_Filter_Key=LC00000100000003
Filter_Name=test3
Include_Occurrences=TRUE
Include_Locations=FALSE
Include_Names=FALSE
Survey_Count=0
Taxon_Count=0
Tag_Count=1
Has_Bounding_Box=FALSE
Has_Start_Date=FALSE
Has_End_Date=FALSE
Tag0=LC0000010000000B

Mike Weideli

Indeed, maybe someone else can confirm this may be fixed in 6.26 having experienced the issue in a previous version in due course?

Les Evans-Hill

Hi
I have tried running a couple of our recording group export filters in the last week and I am finding that the filter is not restricting based on the 'new or edited since' date I have entered or the date the filter was last run. I last used to it export all data so I don't know if it wouldn't have worked then either or has recently stopped working. I can't find an easy way to get round this.

Thanks
Purgle

Purgle Linham
Wiltshire & Swindon Biological Records Centre

Hi

I have logged it as a bug and will look at is as soon as possible.

Mike Weideli

Thanks Mike

Purgle Linham
Wiltshire & Swindon Biological Records Centre