Topic: Delay in records appearing

There seems to be a delay from a dataset appearing on the NBN Atlas to records actually being visible. This is fine - I assume there is some data propagation going on - but how long should we be expecting to wait before the dataset is "usable"?

(as an example, I can't see any records for datasets with metadata last updated on 2017-08-09)

Might be worth considering altering the "new datasets" logic when sending out alerts if this ~week delay is standard?

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership

Re: Delay in records appearing

Just bumping this up as I'm still getting "No records found for Data resource:" for datasets that were uploaded a month ago.

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer

There has been a delay in uploading data. Unfortunately the metadata for new datasets was added but we have not been able to upload the actual records. We will be able to upload the records very soon.

Once the records have been added I will write another post. I am sorry for my delay in replying to your message.

Sophie

Thanks Sophie - good to now it's not a "standard" delay.

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer

Just wondering if there's any update on this?

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer

Hi Charlie,
I just spoke to our developer about this. He still has some work to do on the database, which he said will take a week. We should then be able to upload again.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience.

Best wishes, Sophie

Thanks Sophie!

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer

Hi Charlie,
We are now able to upload records again to the Atlas. Most of the outstanding updates have been processed already and we are just starting on the new datasets now.

I am going through the updates and asking the data providers to check their datasets and then I will put a list up here of the updated datasets.

Best wishes, Sophie