Topic: Bulk update abundance

Interested if anyone has bulk updated abundance, if and how this might be done?

I've been reviewing data and found a large chunk of fungi which i suspect have come from MapMate. When imported they have been left with the mapmate's 0 indicating present resulting in R6 now flagging them as Zero abundance records. This looks to have happened a few times across a number of surveys.

Is there a way of updating the abundance in a similar way that the determination type update against Obs Key works?

Natural History & Biodiversity Data Enthusiast

Re: Bulk update abundance

There is only one table to update (Taxon Occurrence Data). I expect you would just wish to change the data  from 0 to present. The only issue is identifying the data. Is it all in one Survey and can we assume that anything in that survey  with a zero can be changed ?

Mike Weideli

Re: Bulk update abundance

Hi Mike, They're not in a single survey though if that's the only way to approach it, it'd be better than nothing as the majority are in a handful of survey's. I'd just repeat the process.

Ideally, i would identify them based on Obs Key, a list of, as i couldn't be certain that all needed updating (thought they likely do). Using Obs Key i can export and check the records first, taking forward only those that need updating.

Natural History & Biodiversity Data Enthusiast