Topic: Reinstalling Recorder 6 - download links?

I've upgraded my PC.  Now I need to reload Recorder 6 - I'm a registered user who has used it for many, many years.  I've installed the SQL server etc.  However, try as I might - I can't find any R6 download files - they must be incredibly well hidden on the site!

I've found many links in the Forum, but all go to Error 404 pages or to a page with upgrades only.  I don't really want to go back to my extremely old CDs and upgrade from there.  Is there a link that still exists for this?

Reinstalling Recorder 6 was a real pain last time (I found out that after a disk failure I have to do a clean reinstall for it to recognise the data files) with nearly 2 days spent resetting stuff, loading maps, rucksacks etc (I remember having problems finding the download then too!), that past experience is why I recently moved to using iRecord for everything, but I need to access some records from earlier this year.  Can anyone help?

Steve Garland

Re: Reinstalling Recorder 6 - download links?

The latest install version of R6 is only available via a reseller - see resellers page on R6 web site. It has until recently been  availabke from www.Recortder6.info. but due to misuse this facility has been withdrawn.

Mike Weideli

Thanks Mike - it explains why I couldn't find it.  Thought I was just looking in the wrong place!

try http://www.recorder6.info/page16.html

Mike Weideli

Thanks, I've found it and downloaded.  I ran it with the empty database and all started fine.

Then I detached the empty database through SQLServer Management Studio 2014, deleted it then copied in my old database and attached it.  I had problems when it said 'Read-only' and wouldn't allow me to set it as readable, but eventually found a solution with a few tweeks in SQLS MS I've now got it readable and it shows as attached and readable.  However, when I start R6 I get the following error message.  EOleException: Could not find stored procedure 'usp_Users_Select_Admin'

Searching the Forum I found one reference to this message, which the user seems to have sorted by upgrading to the latest R6 version.  As I've presumably just downloaded the latest version, I'm not sure what to try now.  I've tried running it as administrator and setting my user permission to full access, but still get this message.

Hi

While your software will be the latest version, the database you attached will be whatever version you were originally on. As long as it isn't too far back (after 6.14.4)  then running the 6.26.2 upgrade http://jncc.defra.gov.uk/page-4612 will bring the database in line with the software version.  You will need to run the dictionary index rebuilds after the upgrade.

Mike Weideli

Mike, thanks.  All is now working.
Steve